Rainbow Snake Returns To Aion, And NCSoft Updates Its TOS
It's been a few days since this event started, but it lasts so long we figured we'd let you know it's going on. (Honestly, I just wanted an excuse to put a picture of a rainbow snake in a party hat on the site.) Aion's favorite chromatic rattlesnake (with arms) has returned, offering goodies to players that complete the 60-minute Ceremony of Logged-in. Which means players will receive rewards just for logging in and playing for an hour. And, it's a daily event that runs through May 5, so there's plenty to be had in the way of rewards.
Each day a player is logged in for 60 minutes, the Rainbow Snake will gift them with a Chromatic Gift bundle. Each bundle contains a random item ranging from Kinah to rainbow or snake themed goodies. There are also chances to obtain any of 64 types of Transformation Contracts and any of 14 different Cute Minion Contracts. The full list of potential rewards can be found on the Aion site.
During the event, players will also be able to receive buffs from Rainbow Snake's loyal disciples Ahas Rumin and Serpente Rumin. Visit them in either Sanctum or Pandaemonium, depending on your faction.
Also of note in Aion news (as well as just NCSoft news in general) is that NCSoft has made some changes to the terms of service for its games. The full, updated TOS can be read by checking out the announcement on the game's site. They've also left the old documents up until the new ones kick in on May 5. That said, the announcement did offer a list of some of the highlighted changes.
- Standardizes terms governing dispute resolution, arbitration, governing law, and venue for all our games. For example, these standardizations mean that disputes relating to our games and related services will generally be subject to arbitration.
- Reinforces and expands on prohibitions against using certain types of third-party programs in connection with our games.
- Clarifies and reemphasizes age restrictions. Children 12 and younger may not access our games or services, and persons between 13 (subject to local law) and 17 require an adult legal guardian to accept our legal documentation on their behalf.
- Defines "Virtual Goods" to include various in-game currencies and similar offerings used in our titles.
- Explains and reinforces our refund policy, including circumstances under which refunds are not available.
- Establishes rules for accessing our games and services using accounts made through third-party platforms.
- Clarifies rights, ownership, and appropriate use of our intellectual property, user generated content, and third-party intellectual property.
- Details procedures for DMCA counter-notices.
- Provides details on how we monitor player violations of legal requirements and terms of service, including our enforcement rights and account termination procedures.
Obviously, if you're a streamer or other content creator, some of these apply to you and you may want to look at them a bit more closely.
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various hobby sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
You May Enjoy
New Update To FFXIV Endwalker Page Reveals The Magus Sisters Are A Trial
It also adds info about the two new raids, dungeons, and small-scale PvP content.By QuintLyn Bowers - 4 days ago
Halloween Events Come To Rocket League, Elder Scrolls Online, And Fallout 76
Ghoulish costumes, galas, and Gotham.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago
Bless Unleashed's Awakened Update Launches on Consoles
Grab it on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One now.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago
Star Trek Online Updates Ship Explosions So Your Ship Can Die More Impressively
If you gotta go, go fabulously and make the biggest mess possible in the process.By QuintLyn Bowers - 10 hours ago
Kakao Games Taking Over Publishing For Nimble Neuron's Eternal Return
Anime-based MOBA/battle royale hybrid will change publishers Oct. 28.By Jason Winter - 5 days ago
Neowiz's Alliance Of Valiant Arms Playtest Kicks Off In Late November
Revitalized shooter still aiming for 2021 launch.By Jason Winter - 3 days ago