Tarzaned, the No. 1 player on North America's Challenger ladder won't be able to participate in the League of Legends Scouting Grounds event due to failure to pass a player behavior check. This check -- which is similar to what Challenger and LCS players need to pass in order to qualify for an event -- reviews potential participants' in-game behavior, checks to see if they've violated the TOS and looks at acquired bans or suspensions.
Tarzaned did meet the other requirements to participate in the event -- which include:
- You must respond to the survey when it’s sent out in October.
- You must be 16 years of age by the start of the Challenger Series 2017 spring split.
- You’re very interested in playing LoL professionally.
- You have not played in more than 2 professional LoL matches in any league.
- You cannot be under contract by any professional team including Challenger teams at the time invites go out.
- You’re a North American resident as determined by the Interregional Movement Policy.
- You can pass a player behavior check, similar to what Challenger and LCS players must pass. This check includes a review of in-game behavior, Terms of Service violations, and looks at previous bans or suspensions.
Those other qualifications aside, he failed the behavior check due to being consistently toxic both in the game and on social media. While it's too bad an obviously excellent player can't participate, maybe this will encourage him to alter his behavior and join in on the event next time.
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various gaming sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
Lead Developer Of GWENT Leaves CD Projekt Red
Damien Monnier, the lead designer of CD Projekt Red's Witcher-based card game GWENT has left the company.By QuintLyn Bowers - 6 years ago
You May Enjoy
More Details On The International — Dota 2's Major Tournament — Have Been Revealed
You can still attend in-person, but you better be quick about it!By Matthew D'Onofrio - 2 days ago
New World Takes You On A Deep Dive Of The Newest Expedition, The Savage Divide
Players must band together to protect Aeternum.By Troy Blackburn - 2 days ago
Guild Wars 2 September Update Nerfs Some Of Y'all For Being Too PvE OP
Of course, there are fixes and quality of life changes as well.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 day ago
Earn 24 Limited-Time Cosmetics During Apex Legends’ Harbingers Event
Do it by taking out your enemies with a target-seeking grenade.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago
Here's What You Need To Know About The Deceive Inc. Private Lobby Beta Update
Besides lobbies that support up to 12 players, the patch fixes various issues too.By Matthew D'Onofrio - 6 days ago
Here's What You Need To Know About Warhaven, Nexon's New PvP Game That's Launching Today
You have a sword, but no bow...and no axe.By Matthew D'Onofrio - 1 week ago