Over the weekend, BioWare Community Manager Eric Musco dropped a few tidbits on potential changes being made to the Innovative Ordnance and Assault Specialist classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic‘s upcoming Update 5.3. I say “potential” because while the update is due out on July 11, Musco notes the changes are still in development and subject to change.
The upcoming changes will result in an overall lowered DPS for Ordnance Expert / Assault Trooper, as well as a reduction in the periodic damage of two key abilities. This means that both burst and sustained damage potential for the classes will be reduced as well.
Other changes include reductions to critical, burn, and bleed damage for both of the classes. The numbers are as follows:
- Reduced the critical damage bonus given by Ordnance Expert from 30% to 15%
- Reduced the burn damage of Incendiary Missile by 10%
- Reduced the bleed damage of Serrated Shot by 12%
- Reduced the critical damage bonus given by Assault Trooper from 30% to 15%
- Reduced the burn damage of Incendiary Round by 10%
- Reduced the bleed damage of Serrated Bolt by 12%