Alien Combat: Arctic Combat's new Co-Op mode now available

Michael Dunaway
By Michael Dunaway, News Editor April 19, 2013

A while back we announced Arctic Combat would be getting a new 4-player Co-Op Defense mode. Not wanting to jump the gun and accuse AC of following in the footsteps of practically every other lobby-based Free-to-Play shooter with a zombie mode, we held out hope the new baddies were more than just hordes of the risen undead.

Turns out we were right! Well sort of. The new threat is not hordes of zombies but swarms of aliens, 15 alien species to be exact. Whenever I hear the word swarm and aliens used in the same sentence I can't help but think of Starcraft's Zerg. Kerrigan is that you?

The new mode has players tasked with protecting a nuclear reactor while fending off attacks from both ground and air assailants. Players will have to fight off the usual waves of enemies, each with their own attack patterns. Boss battles, varying levels of difficulty, a new map, weapons and skill upgrades are all on the table for this update as well.

Altogether this marks the first major content update for Arctic Combat since its launch in December.

You can find more screenshots or try the mode out for yourself by visiting the official site here.

In this article: Arctic Combat.

Michael Dunaway
Michael Dunaway, News Editor
Michael Dunaway has been part of the MMOBomb team for years and has covered practically every major Free-to-Play title since 2009.

NLxDoDge 9 years ago
i like this game and this mode i already won the pistol from easy mode its good and better than a glock 18.

i like the game because there are not many hackers (till so far if seen one aimbot thats all)
you can get permenent weapons (great)
many game mode and this one also not zombie but aliens but its kind of ugly thats true

play with me i am Dutch (nederlands) add me in game : NLxDoDge

Rentherose 9 years ago
With all these name copys I dont know whos who any more lol

Kevin Tomphson 9 years ago
Notice that I did another reply, with my real name. Ren, your last comment proved what I said earlier, by claiming victory, because I chose to be the bigger person and leave, shows obvious childlike qualities. anyways, im done now bye

Actually I could Post a real Name if I wanted to Idiot 9 years ago
youre still failing dude, whatever, im done here, i dont need you idiots to clog up this post anymore than you have, bye have a great day

Actually I could Post a real Name if I wanted to Idiot 9 years ago
lol by the way, to the person trying to make me sound like an ass, you are greatly failing. you cant spell worth crap.. and if I wanted to troll, i would do a much better job.

HAHA 9 years ago
yep its me haha i have a non orignale name so i can troll for no reason other then to waist peoples time

HAHA 9 years ago
Your comments continue to prove your stupidity. You are obviously 10 years old. Trolls are mythical creatures in fairy tales. Did your dad perhaps forget to read you yours before bed last night?

70calories 9 years ago
*slaps with rolled up newspaper* No! Bad troll your ate enough.

HAHA 9 years ago
If you're trying to anger or insult me, you're failing epically

asdf~ 9 years ago
wow...flying fish and crabs... 0.0

RenTheRose 9 years ago
well i have played it have to say i don't like it one bit not only is it almost boring but you fell almost like grinding when playing it beating it is rilly hard enless you talk with you team ahead of time meaning you cant jest have rendom p[eople join the prizes are great but all the enimeis are so eazy to fight all you need to do is manage you amo

pieareround 9 years ago
Well, they weren't shy about blatantly ripping off some alien designs, were they? Honestly, I'm pretty sure I saw one of the Ridley Scott Aliens in there.

That said, this might be interesting... if this game were any good to start with.

webzen inc. 9 years ago
all I saw was 10 seconds of gameplay

from__hell 9 years ago
i played last night and completely forgot about the new mode,

Cyberpunk 9 years ago
Cheezy,YEP

70calories 9 years ago
it's not the best thing but it's fun

Maou-sama 9 years ago
Mounted

Sony Suspects Activision Blizzard Acquisition Could Make Call Of Duty Fans Jump To Xbox, Microsoft Defends Buyout

So apparently Microsoft believes Activision Blizzard doesn't produce ANY "must have" games.

By Anthony Jones - 1 week ago
Get Ready For Warhammer 40K: Darktide’s Beta, Set To Start This Month

Get Ready For Warhammer 40K: Darktide’s Beta, Set To Start This Month

Following Darktide’s delay comes more beta testing.

By Aspen Pash - 15 hours ago
Another Resident Evil Crossover Is Coming To Dead By Daylight With Wesker, Wong, and Chambers

The characters skins, new icons, and charms have all been leaked.

By Aspen Pash - 1 week ago
Lost Ark August And September Road Map Includes A Pet Ranch...And Creepy Clowns

Lost Ark August And September Road Map Includes A Pet Ranch...And Creepy Clowns

There’s going to be another festival too.

A Final Fantasy XIV Player Completed A Savage Tier...On A Dance Mat

A Final Fantasy XIV Player Completed A Savage Tier...On A Dance Mat

It’s probably appropriate he was playing as a dancer.

Bloodhunt Summer Survey Reveals Positive Reception To Team Deathmatch But A Dwindling Active Player Base

"We are in a situation where the player numbers are a key reason for some of the negative feedback."

By Anthony Jones - 1 week ago