Respawn Announces New Apex Legends Limited Time Feature: "War Games"
Apex Legends' Mayhem season is coming to an end and new content is on the way. Today, Respawn announced War Games, an event featuring new playlist modifiers, a new rewards track, and all-new challenges.
The War Games event begins Tuesday, April 13 with the Second Chance modifier. There are five modifiers total. Each will last a few days, offering players a chance to repeat them and earn cosmetics and other goodies including new skins and unlockable battle pass levels. The full list of modifiers and their playable dates are as follows:
- Second Chance (Tuesday, 4/13 – Thursday, 4/15): Grants each Legend one free respawn per match. Once a Legend is killed, a Respawn Token is consumed to rise again from the player’s current location retaining all their weapons and gear. After a short duration, the player respawns high in the air to skydive back into the action.
- Ultra Zones (Thursday, 4/15 – Monday, 4/19): Get ready for multiple Hot Zones within a single map, and for more epic loot and gold items. Each Hot Zone is enveloped in a Flash Point - the enormous, glowing bubbles that replenish HP and shields when you stand in them. In this mode, consumable items are still available as normal throughout the loot pool.
- Auto Banners (Monday, 4/19 – Wednesday, 4/21): Lets players automatically retrieve their Squadmates Banner Cards! Players don’t need to loot their death box to retrieve their Banner Cards -- they can just head straight to a respawn beacon. The loot pool has been altered to contain more Mobile Respawn Beacons too.
- Killing Time (Wednesday, 4/21 – Friday, 4/23): Speeds up the match as Legends fall. During a round, whenever a Legend dies, the round time is reduced. If any given round is a massacre, the ring will close quickly so players have to keep an eye on the round timer to survive this modifier.
- Armor Regen (Friday, 4/23 – Tuesday, 4/27): Armor Regen will regenerate over time at a rate of 12 points per second in this final mode. Whenever players take damage, their armor will begin regenerating after an 8-second delay; this delay is doubled to 16 seconds if a player's armor gets cracked.
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various hobby sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
You May Enjoy
Star Trek Online’s Stormfall Launches Today On Consoles
Players can also get ready for the annual Lohlunat Festival.By Aspen Pash - 3 days ago
Enter "The Forgotten Caverns" In MMORPG Aura Kingdom's Latest Patch 86
The update comes with a new dungeon, quests, and other additions.By Anthony Jones - 1 week ago
Lost Ark's June Update Won't Be Out On Time Since Players Had Concerns Over Monetization
Bots were a big problem the team wanted to get a grasp on, too.By Michael Byrne - 3 days ago
World Of Warships Debuts Faroe Islands Map In New Update, Brings Back Convoy Mode And Transformers Collab
There's also some visual improvements for several U.S. destroyer models.By Anthony Jones - 1 week ago
Don’t Worry Guys, After Conducting An Investigation Blizzard Has Cleared Itself Of Wrongdoing
The company’s personal investigation found there was never a “systemic issue with harassment”.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago
It Actually IS Coming! Resident Evil Re:Verse Arrives On October 28
The title has risen from the grave, or perhaps it was never dead to begin with.By Aspen Pash - 1 week ago