Respawn Announces New Apex Legends Limited Time Feature: "War Games"
Apex Legends' Mayhem season is coming to an end and new content is on the way. Today, Respawn announced War Games, an event featuring new playlist modifiers, a new rewards track, and all-new challenges.
The War Games event begins Tuesday, April 13 with the Second Chance modifier. There are five modifiers total. Each will last a few days, offering players a chance to repeat them and earn cosmetics and other goodies including new skins and unlockable battle pass levels. The full list of modifiers and their playable dates are as follows:
- Second Chance (Tuesday, 4/13 – Thursday, 4/15): Grants each Legend one free respawn per match. Once a Legend is killed, a Respawn Token is consumed to rise again from the player’s current location retaining all their weapons and gear. After a short duration, the player respawns high in the air to skydive back into the action.
- Ultra Zones (Thursday, 4/15 – Monday, 4/19): Get ready for multiple Hot Zones within a single map, and for more epic loot and gold items. Each Hot Zone is enveloped in a Flash Point - the enormous, glowing bubbles that replenish HP and shields when you stand in them. In this mode, consumable items are still available as normal throughout the loot pool.
- Auto Banners (Monday, 4/19 – Wednesday, 4/21): Lets players automatically retrieve their Squadmates Banner Cards! Players don’t need to loot their death box to retrieve their Banner Cards -- they can just head straight to a respawn beacon. The loot pool has been altered to contain more Mobile Respawn Beacons too.
- Killing Time (Wednesday, 4/21 – Friday, 4/23): Speeds up the match as Legends fall. During a round, whenever a Legend dies, the round time is reduced. If any given round is a massacre, the ring will close quickly so players have to keep an eye on the round timer to survive this modifier.
- Armor Regen (Friday, 4/23 – Tuesday, 4/27): Armor Regen will regenerate over time at a rate of 12 points per second in this final mode. Whenever players take damage, their armor will begin regenerating after an 8-second delay; this delay is doubled to 16 seconds if a player's armor gets cracked.
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various hobby sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
You May Enjoy
Hi-Rez Showcase Keynote Teases New Content For Rogue Company, Smite, And Paladins
Get a look at a new Rogue, new god, and lots of new contentBy QuintLyn Bowers - 2 weeks ago
Ubisoft’s Subscription Services Is Coming to Xbox, R6 Extraction Added to Game Pass
It’ll have its own sub.By QuintLyn Bowers - 2 weeks ago
Destiny 2’s Latest Trailer Offers First Peek At The Witch Queen’s Domain
Savathûn’s Throne World is an all new destination filled with a unique kind of Hive enemies.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago
Ghostface From Scream Is Coming To Among Us In The Game’s First Film Crossover, And It'll Be Free!
Okay, it’ll actually be you in a Ghostface skin, but you know you want it.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago
Disney And Tencent Are Making An Avatar MMO...But Of Course It's Mobile
You probably weren't surprised by that, were you?By QuintLyn Bowers - 4 days ago
💣 Feature | 3 Takeaways From The Massive Microsoft-Activision Deal
Microsoft's "monopoly," Kotick's comeuppance, and Blizzard's bumbling.By Jason Winter - 2 days ago