Respawn Announces New Apex Legends Limited Time Feature: "War Games"
Apex Legends' Mayhem season is coming to an end and new content is on the way. Today, Respawn announced War Games, an event featuring new playlist modifiers, a new rewards track, and all-new challenges.
The War Games event begins Tuesday, April 13 with the Second Chance modifier. There are five modifiers total. Each will last a few days, offering players a chance to repeat them and earn cosmetics and other goodies including new skins and unlockable battle pass levels. The full list of modifiers and their playable dates are as follows:
- Second Chance (Tuesday, 4/13 – Thursday, 4/15): Grants each Legend one free respawn per match. Once a Legend is killed, a Respawn Token is consumed to rise again from the player’s current location retaining all their weapons and gear. After a short duration, the player respawns high in the air to skydive back into the action.
- Ultra Zones (Thursday, 4/15 – Monday, 4/19): Get ready for multiple Hot Zones within a single map, and for more epic loot and gold items. Each Hot Zone is enveloped in a Flash Point - the enormous, glowing bubbles that replenish HP and shields when you stand in them. In this mode, consumable items are still available as normal throughout the loot pool.
- Auto Banners (Monday, 4/19 – Wednesday, 4/21): Lets players automatically retrieve their Squadmates Banner Cards! Players don’t need to loot their death box to retrieve their Banner Cards -- they can just head straight to a respawn beacon. The loot pool has been altered to contain more Mobile Respawn Beacons too.
- Killing Time (Wednesday, 4/21 – Friday, 4/23): Speeds up the match as Legends fall. During a round, whenever a Legend dies, the round time is reduced. If any given round is a massacre, the ring will close quickly so players have to keep an eye on the round timer to survive this modifier.
- Armor Regen (Friday, 4/23 – Tuesday, 4/27): Armor Regen will regenerate over time at a rate of 12 points per second in this final mode. Whenever players take damage, their armor will begin regenerating after an 8-second delay; this delay is doubled to 16 seconds if a player's armor gets cracked.
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various hobby sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
Magic: Legends Producer Talks Performance, Progression, And Currency Caps
Magic: Legends Executive Producer Steve Ricossa is back with another State of the Game letter, addressing more changes to the game that are coming as a result of player feedback.By Jason Winter - 1 year ago
You May Enjoy
Breakthrough, The Cycle Frontier’s Third Season, Introduces A Monstrous Flying Howler Today
It also brings new anti-cheat measure, the end of server wipes, and more.By QuintLyn Bowers - 3 days ago
Celebrate Silliness With The Return Of Elder Scrolls Online’s Jester’s Festival
Things are about to get ridiculous… In a good way?By QuintLyn Bowers - 3 days ago
Albion Online Posts Battleaxe Basic Builds Guide, The First In The New Series
Sandbox Interactive breaks down characteristics, equipment and skills used, pros and cons, and playstyle.By Matthew D'Onofrio - 4 days ago
Neverwinter’s Latest Module “Menzoberranzan” Is Available On PC And Consoles Today
Explore the legendary City of Spiders.By QuintLyn Bowers - 4 days ago
Ubisoft Pulls Out Of E3 After Having Previously Confirming They Would Be There "If It Happens"
The company has decided to “move in a different direction”.By QuintLyn Bowers - 5 days ago
MultiVersus Open Beta To Shut Down, Full Launch Scheduled For Early 2024
Player decline, lack of content, and now no game till 2024.By Troy Blackburn - 5 days ago