Daybreak Games isn't messing around with its 2022 plans for EverQuest and EverQuest II. Roadmaps for the entire year for both games was posted yesterday in a pair of producer's letters (for EQ and EQ2) from Head of Studio Jenn Chan, along with recaps of 2021.
The month-by-month breakdown of the coming year is a list of "high-level goals," Chan said, reminding everyone that they include "expected delivery dates and do not list everything we will be doing," which include the usual bug fixes and quality-of-life changes.
Highlights for EverQuest include:
- February: 64-bit servers go live.
- March: 23rd anniversary celebration.
- May: New progression servers.
- June: Merging of Phinigel and Miragul servers to Vox.
- September: Heroic characters starting at level 100.
- December: New expansion launch.
- And there's a new UI engine planned for "beyond 2022."
And for EverQuest II:
- February: Merging of Rivervale server into Antonia Bayle.
- February: Lore and Legend Server, where all gear is suitable for your character.
- March: New "throwback" dungeon to commemorate the EQ anniversary.
- April: Game Update 119, including new Overseer season and dungeons
- May: New time-locked expansion server, Varsoon.
- July: 64-bit servers.
- August: Game Update 120.
- September: Expansion prelude event
- December: Expansion 19 launches.
Even with all the above caveats, it looks like a suitably packed year for both EverQuest and EverQuest II. Now, could we get some more news about the future of the franchise, so at least one of my predictions for 2022 comes true?
- DDO 2023 Development Roadmap Reveals 17th Anniversary Plans, Mini-Expansion, And Performance Improvements
- PlanetSide 2's Construction System Will Get An Overhaul So Builders Can Make Bases That Players Enjoy Fighting At
- EverQuest's Roadmap 2023 Plans Reveal New UI Engine, 30th Expansion Launch, Progressions Server, And More
About the Author
Jason Winter is a veteran gaming journalist, he brings a wide range of experience to MMOBomb, including two years with Beckett Media where he served as the editor of the leading gaming magazine Massive Online Gamer. He has also written professionally for several gaming websites.
Celebrate The Lunar New Year With Team Fight Tactics’ Gifts Of The Golden Lantern Event
Earn firecrackers, a Year of the Tiger egg, and more.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 year ago
You May Enjoy
Sega Announces Phantasy Star Online 2 NGS Collaboration With NIJISANJI, And There's Plenty Of Places For Screenshots
The Livers come to Central City.By QuintLyn Bowers - 15 hours ago
UPDATED: A Halo Infinite Survey From Microsoft Feels An Awful Lot Like It’s Throwing 343 Industries Under The Bus
The survey comes after layoffs at the developer.By QuintLyn Bowers - 2 days ago
Love Is In The Air As Valentione’s Day Returns To Final Fantasy XIV
There are some adorable outfits to be had.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago
Apex Legends Rings In The Chinese New Year With The Celestial Sunrise Collection
Players can start collecting the limited-time Legendary skins today!By Aspen Pash - 1 week ago
Ahoy! Sea Of Thieves Enters 2023 With Matchmaking And PVP Improvements As Well As A Brand-New Adventure
Batten down the hatches and prepare for a storm of PvP battles.By Aspen Pash - 1 week ago
The Ill Omens Skirmish Event Returns To Lord Of The Rings Online, But It Brings Changes This Year
The 5th Season of the Legendary Items Reward Track is almost here as well.By QuintLyn Bowers - 17 hours ago