The Weed Wasn't Strong Enough, So Trove Reworked The Chloromancer Class
Trove's latest PC update makes a bunch of changes to the game's Chloromancer class designed to make gameplay more fun for those playing them. The focus on the Chloromancer is intended to fix the lack of damage and healing utility, increasing the class's plants and making it more effective during boss encounters. To do this, the devs made changes to all the abilities and the class gem. The changes are as follows:
- Passive: New Ability: Mini Bloom - Basic Attacks have a 25% chance to spawn plants near enemies. They will explode in a burst of pollen that heals allies by 5% and deals 500% Magic Damage to enemies. Using Basic Attack on Mini Blooms makes them explode instantly. Maximum of 4 at a time.
- Basic Attack: Fires solar energy that damages enemies and heals allies. Heals allies for 4% of their maximum health up from 2%, and plants for 18% of its maximum health up from 12%.
- Primary Ability: Green Gatling - Throw a seed that grows into a plant. It will fire 1 volley of bullets at a nearby target dealing 160% Magic Damage every shot. Healing plants makes them grow faster. Maximum of 3 at a time.
- Secondary Ability 1: Leafy Lasher - Lob a seed that grows into a plant over 2s. Once fully grown, it spins around and continually snares and damages enemies for 100% Magic Damage (down from 215%) every .8s. Maximum of 2 at a time. Healing the plant will make it grow faster. Lashers’ damage stacks and radius has been increased.
- Ultimate: New Ability: Empowered Growth - Empowers the Leafy Lasher and Green Gatling to be larger versions. Green Gatling deals up to 380% Magic Damage and fires multiple volleys of bullets at targets. Leafy Lasher snare gains additional effectiveness, reducing movement by 100%.
- Class Gem: When Empowered Growth is active the Chloromancer heals nearby plants and allies. Allies are healed 10% every 1.5 second for 12 sec.
In addition to the Chloromancer improvements, today's update also fixes issues with Delves, adds the Chromacycled dealtalith, fixes client issues and makes the Fae Wildride mount tradeable. It also adds new allies to the Dev Dream collection, and makes a selection of quality of life changes.
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various hobby sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
You May Enjoy
Mechwarrior Online Starts Pre-Orders For The Hatchetman, But No, Don't Expect Melee To Be Added To The Game
Kind of weird for someone named "The Hatchetman" to not have melee...but it will have multiple "bolt-ons."By Michael Byrne - 5 days ago
It May Not Have The Polish Of Battlerite Yet, But Fangs' Early Access Certainly Reminds Us Of That Game
MOBA fans get a new title to check out, but this one may be a faster pace than other competition.By Michael Byrne - 4 days ago
Experience The Techno-Apocalyptic Future During Looter-Shooter Synced’s Open Beta
Fight the deadly Nanos.By QuintLyn Bowers - 5 days ago
Lost Ark's December Update Plans Revealed, And There's Still Events Running To Help Prep For The Climactic Raid Coming
The Brelshaza Legion Raid sees you facing off against the Commander of the Phantom Legion.By Michael Byrne - 6 days ago
Things Are Heating Up (And Cooling Down) In Rocket League's Elemental Season 9, Facing Off December 7th
Fire and ice are the main themes, but some classics are being reworked if you missed them in the past.By Michael Byrne - 3 days ago
Guild Wars 2’ Latest Patch Adds Challenge Mode To Old Lion’s Court Strike Mission
It also introduces the Primordus legendary variant skin collection.By QuintLyn Bowers - 6 days ago